Getting to Edmonton
Most major airlines fly to Edmonton, including Air Canada and WestJet.
There are three options for traveling between the Edmonton International Airport and downtown Edmonton:
- Sky Shuttle Service:$18 each way or $30 for a round trip ticket; book in advance
- Taxi: Fares range from $50-$60
- Public transit: Route 747 (schedule) travels between the airport and Century Park Transit Centre. A one-way trip is $5. From Century Park take the LRT (light rail transit). The LRT costs an additional, standard transit fare of $3.20.
Getting to MacEwan University
MacEwan University, City Centre Campus (10700 – 104 Avenue, map) is located in downtown Edmonton. The University is within walking distance if staying in the downtown area, or by public transit if staying in other parts of the city. (Use the interactive ETS Trip Planner to plan your transit travel.)
Room locations: Visit the Program page.
Parking at MacEwan: For parking information, click here. Attendees are encouraged to park in the West Surface Parking ($10/day) or West Parkade ($13/day). Underground parking is $17/day.
Public Transportation: Plan your trip using ETS Trip Planner or explore the LRT (subway) service ($3.20/adult)
Attractions: Edmonton Tourism for Visitors
Guide to Edmonton: Downtown and Strathcona Restaurants and Attractions
Shopping: Local shopping on 104 Street and 124 Street
- Nearby Malls:
Events: Vue Weekly Events Listings
Unique Places to Visit:
- Art Gallery of Alberta
- Royal Alberta Museum
- Edmonton Public Schools Archives and Museum
- Princess Theatre (Strathcona)
- Garneau Theatre (Strathcona)